Design Research Dissertation - Project 3: Journal Article Publication

25/11/2022 - 11/12/2022 ( Week 13 - Week 15 )

Sasilvia Cheong Pei Hoong / 0345031 / Bachelors of Design in Creative Media
Design Research Dissertation
Project 3: Journal Article Publication

INSTRUCTION





Project 3
In our final project we had to pick one of the main points that we want to focus from the discussion and then finalize it in the KREATE template format.


Fig. 1.1 Journal article publication draft 1 


After receiving my feedback and comments from Dr. Hayati I proceeded to make the changes.


Fig. 1.2 Journal article publication draft 2 


Final


Fig. 2.1 Journal article publication KREATE 



FEEDBACK
Week  13 
General Feedback: 
Cut down words and paraphrase the words, do not copy and paste directly from the final dissertation. Pick one of the main points that you want to focus from the discussion as the final dissertation one is too long.

Week  14 
Make changes according to the comments that were given in the google docs.



REFLECTION

Week  13 -
I was not able to touch the dissertation this week as I was incredibly busy with other assignments since we had to submit like 2 projects for each module at one go. I had no rest whatsoever, it was just constantly working and working and having to stay up till 6-7 am everyday for the whole month, it was extremely exhausting. But I had to stay up that late or else I would not be able to finish my works on time. It was dreadful.

Week  14 -
This week I manage to use one whole day to do the journal article publication, luckily it did not take me too long to finish writing it. I doubled check my article before sending it to Dr. Hayati for feedback. I also submitted my final dissertation into Turnitin this week, I was actually hesitating to submit it because we had only one chance and I was so scared. But I was scared for nothing because in the end I only got 4% similarity when I submitted it to Turnitin.

Week  15 -
This week is our final week, I made the changes according to the feedback and comments that Dr. Hayati gave and submitted it to google classroom.

Overall -
This project was the least suffering for me as I did not have a hard time deciding on which point I wanted to focus on, so writing the article went smoother than I expected. However, this semester was no doubt exhausting as other modules had an extremely heavy workload that takes forever to finish and they all were due at almost the same time. There were like 3 weeks that we needed to submit 4 projects at the same time, so having to multitask in order to finish them all before the deadline felt like being a mindless zombie. 

In the end, I would say I still do not like writing and reading, it takes too much of my brain power and I can barely stay focus when I am doing it. I do appreciate that I was able to gain a new experience in writing a dissertation which might come in handy in the future.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project: Haelan Herbs

Digital Matte Painting - Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting (VFX)

Design Research Dissertation - Project 2: Final Dissertation with Visual Design