Environment Design - Final Project: Complete Environment Design Bible

29/7/2023 - 11/7/2022 ( Week 13 - Week 15)

Sasilvia Cheong Pei Hoong / 0345031 / Bachelors of Design in Creative Media
Environment Design / Entertainment Design
Final Project: Complete Environment Design Bible

INSTRUCTION




Tasks

Week 11- Continue refining the main exterior, the second exterior can just do some minor refinements and colour over it. Rather than having more, try to perfect one of it. 


Complete Environment Design Bible

Week 14- 
Final Refinements and Props Design Breakdowns

Did some refinements with the temple gate where I photobashed mountain textures onto the walls. Still had no idea whether i like the fog or no fog more.



Fig. 1.1 Temple gate no fog refinements (5/7/2023) 


Fig. 1.2 Temple gate with fog refinements (5/7/2023) 


I also refined the worship hall according to feedback. 


Fig. 1.3 Worship hall refinements (5/7/2023) 


I broke down the props and details for the environments.


Fig. 1.4 Temple gate props details and design (5/7/2023) 



Fig. 1.5 Worship hall props details and design (5/7/2023) 


After feedback I reduced the details and textures for the walls and in the end, I decided that fog looks better. 


Fig. 1.6 Main temple final (9/7/2023) 


I added some yellow lights to give more life to the worship hall. 


Fig. 1.6 Worship hall final (9/7/2023) 


Week 14- 
Main Temple Final Refinements

I did the main temple very last minute because I didn't have enough time and initially didn't plan on finishing it, thank god it turned out how I wanted it to look. 


Fig. 2.1 Main temple final (10/7/2023) 



Final
I combined both game art and environment design into one art bible.


Fig. 3.1 Final Project: Art Bible (11/7/2023) 



FEEDBACK

Week  11 (15/6/2023)
Temple gate- looks better, for the mountain walls need more breaking and overlapping.

Main temple- For the trees look into leopard tree, take flower brush or slap on flowers, don't go into too much details and draw the patterns one by one.

Week  14 (15/6/2023)
Temple Gate- Texture is overlapping reducing opacity and mask off certain areas , textures should be like the floor, depth is slightly missing stilll, add shadows,have some lights shimmers here and there , some part might be quite flat add the details, fins calm shimmer on lakes use the texture and photo bash it.

Worship Hall- Add lighting, mix contrast colours some green some orange



REFLECTION
Creating an environment design posed a significant challenge for me, primarily due to the complexities of perspective and the fact that it was my first attempt at drawing such a scene. Well, I wouldn't technically label it as my absolute first, as I recall making numerous unrefined sketches back in primary school. Initially, I lacked a clear understanding of how to approach it, but with persistence, multiple iterations, and valuable feedback, I managed to overcome the obstacles and ultimately improve in my skills. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project: Haelan Herbs

Digital Matte Painting - Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting (VFX)

Design Research Dissertation - Project 2: Final Dissertation with Visual Design