Architecture History and Theory - Project 1: Analysis Report

30/8/2022 - 11/10/2022 ( Week 1- Week 7 )

Sasilvia Cheong Pei Hoong / 0345031 / Bachelors of Design in Creative Media
Architecture History and Theory / Electives
Project 1: Analysis Report


INSTRUCTION




Project 1
We were group into a team of 6, we all agreed on picking Ancient Egypt as our main topic for the project. Soon after we created a poll to pick which 2 buildings that we wanted to focus on, the buildings we ended up picking are :

1) Temple of Ramesses II 
2) Temple of Hatshepsut

We divided the project sections with each other. I was in charge of the introduction and the fast facts of the buildings. We were also advised to have hand drawn drawings for our booklet. 

Below are the drawings that I did for the group project:


Fig. 1.1 Ramesses II (27/9/2022)



Fig. 1.2 Temple of Ramesses II map (27/9/2022)



Fig. 1.3 Hatshepsut  (27/9/2022)



Fig. 1.4 Tomb (27/9/2022)



Fig. 1.5 Temple of Hatshepsut map (27/9/2022)


After that we combined all the research, analysis and drawings that we did into the A4 booklet:


Fig. 1.6 Final A4 Booklet (10/11/2022)


Last but not least, we created an A1 poster by putting in some of the research, analysis and drawings that we did in our A4 booklet. Blippar an augmented reality website, was then used to make the poster interactive.


Fig. 1.7 Final A1 Poster and Blippar (10/11/2022)




REFLECTION

As a creative media student, I took this module as my free elective in hopes to help me strengthen my knowledge about the histories and theories of architecture. I have found that the lectures given were very interesting and were able to provide me knowledge that I never once had. Working in a group made me grow as a person and I was able to improve my communication and teamwork skills. Being able to go to physical classes on campus with such a large amount of students in the lecture theatre is something new for me and I find it very exciting. Mr. Nicholas is a great tutor who guided us on the right path throughout the project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project: Haelan Herbs

Digital Matte Painting - Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting (VFX)

Design Research Dissertation - Project 2: Final Dissertation with Visual Design