Game Art - Final Project: Art Bible

23/6/2023 - 7/7/2022 ( Week 13- Week 15)

Sasilvia Cheong Pei Hoong / 0345031 / Bachelors of Design in Creative Media
Game Art / Entertainment Design
Final Project: Art Bible


INSTRUCTION





Art Bible

Week 13-
Han's Character Turnaround
I did the character turnaround for Han and also did a breakdown for her earpiece and chin gear to show that both of them are one piece. 


Fig. 1.1  Han - Protagonist, character turnaround line art (29/6/2023)


Week 14-
Character Turnaround and Refinements
I did the turnaround for Ritthirong as well and also did some simple colouring on both of the character's turnarounds. I also did the tattoo spread for Ritthirong's waist tattoo as well as the spread of the cyber circuit on his right arm. 



Fig. 2.1  Han - Protagonist, character turnaround coloured (7/7/2023)



Fig. 2.2  Ritthirong -Deuteragonist , character turnaround coloured (7/7/2023)


Based on the feedback I got from Mr. Kannan, I did some refinements for Mali and added more patterns and overlapping to her so that she looks less flat. 

Fig. 2.3  Mali - Antagonist, refinements (7/7/2023)


Week 14-
Final Refinements and Splash Art
I added some shadows on Mali to make her look more realistic. 

Fig. 3.1  Mali - Antagonist, refinements shadows (8/7/2023)

After I was done with all the characters refinements. I decided to use the final works I did from environment design and utilize it in the splash art. I turned the saturation for the background all the way and added some colour highlights around. 


Fig. 3.1  Han - Protagonist, splash art (10/7/2023)


Fig. 3.2  Ritthirong -Deuteragonist, splash art (10/7/2023)


Fig. 3.3  Mali - Antagonist, splash art (10/7/2023)


Final
I combined both game art and environment design into one art bible.


Fig. 4.1  Final Project: Art Bible



FEEDBACK

Week  13 (30/6/2023)
Patterns to be added in can be coloured further in 2D to make it more solid, paint over what u have, render the skirt to make it smooth, and make an illustration/splash art. Greyscale for the turnaround, paint over everything that is done, splash art for one/2 character then package it.

Week  14 (7/7/2023)
Add more lighting and shadows for Mali. 



REFLECTION
Overall I really enjoyed this module and I am really happy with the outcome even though there was so much going on at once, I didn't find myself burning out. However, I am quite disappointed as I wanted to do more way more like the skins but not enough time sadly. I do see a lot of improvements in my drawing skills and rendering. Hopefully one day I will draw anatomy with ease. I will definitely continue with this project during my free time, hehe wanna draw more of the characters from the story and their skins aaaaaaaa. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project: Haelan Herbs

Digital Matte Painting - Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting (VFX)

Design Research Dissertation - Project 2: Final Dissertation with Visual Design