Digital Photography and Imaging: Final Compilation and Reflection

WEEK 1-14 : (23/8/2021-23/11/2021)

NAME: Sasilvia Cheong Pei Hoong

I.D: 0345031

COURSE: Bachelors of Design in Creative Media

Digital Photography & Imaging

Final Compilation and Reflection



EXERCISE AND PROJECTS






SUBMISSIONS


Project 1: Physical and digital collage

23/8/2021-20/9/2021 (Week 1-Week5)


Physical Collage
Mr. Martin gave me some feedbacks for my physical collage and said that I could work with the second pre-composition and explore more. After that, I decided to add some elements from the third pre-composition as Mr. Martin said that they were interesting. In the end I arranged the elements and was happy with the outcome.


Fig. 1.1 Physical Collage Final Outcome JPEG


Fig. 1.2 Physical Collage Final Outcome PDF



Digital Collage

After receiving feedback from Mr. Martin I decided to go with the third digital collage since I felt it has dynamic and more impact than the others.



Fig. 1.3 Digital Collage Final Outcome JPEG



Fig. 1.4 Digital Collage Final Outcome PDF



Project 2A: Digital Imaging Exercise
20/9/2021-18/10/2021 (Week 5 - Week 9)


Fig. 2.1 My Reflection Final Outcome JPEG



Fig. 2.2 My Reflection Final Outcome PDF


Fig. 2.3 Black and White recolouring Final Outcome JPEG



Fig. 2.4 Black and White recolouring Final Outcome PDF




Project 2: Poster

20/9/2021-18/10/2021 (Week 5 - Week 9)


Fig.7.1  Final PSA poster JPEG



Fig.7.2  Final PSA poster PDF



Final Project: Self-Tilted
26/10/2021-23/11/2021 (Week 10 - Week14)


Fig. 4.1 Final poster JPEG




Fig. 4.2 Final poster animation

Title: Desire

Artist Statement: 

My final outcome of my poster might be a bit dark but this perfectly represents the concept that I am going for. I want people to know that “There is beauty in everything, even in silence and darkness”.

The eyes falling and piling up represent my fear and anxiety of people constantly staring at me as if they are judging and looking down on me. The two eyes above my head slowly disappearing and the two hands covering my face shows that every time I get stares from people I just want to disappear and be alone at that moment. The chains on the top represents me having to lock up my own emotions as I have a hard time explaining them to people and might sometimes lead to certain awkward situations.

But through all these negative emotions I have where I keep myself in silence and darkness, I feel peaceful and calm, I want to find the beauty in it, I want to achieve this desire to find my true emotions and maybe one day actually tell people how I feel.




REFLECTION

This module was pretty fun, I always liked to play around and edit pictures in my phone since I did not have any Adobe software in my laptop at that time. Editing pictures and photoshopping them gives a sense of accomplishment and I feel very satisfied to look at my outcome. It feels really nice to be able to manipulate a picture and turn it into something completely different. Out of all the projects I would say the digital collage was my favorite one. I found that I really love using the blending mode tool as it changes the settings and tones of you image. I also liked how I was able to turn a beta fish's tail into petals for a flower this shows that we could do a lot within photoshop. 


Taking pictures was quite okay for me since I was always in charge of taking pictures for my families and friends. I also had to learn about lighting way before this module as I had to find the perfect spot in my house to take pictures of my traditional artworks. The only thing I struggled with is full body images of myself as I am not able to find a perfect spot in my house with good lighting and empty background to take one so the Hearst Mansion exercise was a little tough for me to do. 


Mr. Martin is an amazing lecturer as he guides us perfectly and tell us what we should do in detail. His tutorials are easy to understand and feedbacks are very useful to me. Even though I only been to campus once for DPI  I found a drastic change of environment to me, being able to go for practical physically was definitely fun but due to the current situation we have no choice but to stay at home. I do hope that everything gets better and we are able to go back to campus and see Mr. Martin again for our other modules.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project: Haelan Herbs

Digital Matte Painting - Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting (VFX)

Design Research Dissertation - Project 2: Final Dissertation with Visual Design